Did you see Chef Alexa on Fox59 this morning?
She made decadent, last-minute New Year's Eve foods that you can serve at your own soiree.
Tsar Nicoulai Caviar Puffs
- 2 pieces Brazilian cheese bread. You can buy in the freezer section of many grocery stores or make your own.
- 12 tablespoons crème fraîche.
- 1/2 oz Tsar Nicoulai Caviar- if unavailable in your area, order online or substitute a premium one from a grocery store.
- Garlic flowers or chives for garnishing.
- Bake cheese breads according to directions on the bag. Let cool a bit. Slice top off & gently scoop out some of the insides.
- Fill each puff with roughly 1 tablespoon crème fraîche.
- Top creme fraiche with a generous scoop caviar.
- Top Caviar with garnish.
Deviled Quail Eggs with Candied Bacon
- 3 slices Mariah bacon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Chopped chives for garnish
- 12 whole quail eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 1 tablespoon crème fraîche
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together brown sugar and spices. Rub onto individual slices of bacon.
- Place bacon on wire rack nestled inside sheet pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until crispy.
- Let cool.
- Chop into quail egg sized pieces
Deviled Quail Eggs
- Cut egg in half, lengthwise.
- Scoop out yolk and put into a small bowl.
- Combine crème fraîche and yolks. Mix until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into egg halves.
- Top with candied bacon and garnish with chopped chives.
Chef Alexa suggests serving Domaine Carneros sparkling wine with these dishes.